KVO is an outreach program that assists those affected by abuse in the Kennebecasis Valley and surrounding areas. We partner with local agencies to provide services to people who need our help based on their individual needs including:
- safety planning
- emotional support
- action plans
- support programs
- goal setting.
We also offer support to friends and family affected by abuse including resources for interventions related to abuse.
The services are free, confidential and safe. No referrals are required and confidentiality is assured.
We are here to help.
To help individuals embrace change, gain direction and actively support themselves through acceptance, encouragement and knowledge.
The Kennebecasis Valley Outreach program shall:
- help you find a voice
- reduce barriers for individuals who have experienced abuse
- work towards improving quality of life for those affected by abuse
- ensure confidentiality
- demonstrate integrity and respect
- never discriminate
- be accessible
- work to reduce fear or stigmas
- demonstrate care and compassion with a woman-centred approach
- work in partnership with other community agencies to provide a better service
- increase public awareness and understanding about abuse